Improving Literacy with Award-Winning Fiction & Content-Area Nonfiction
Cobblestone & Cricket magazines offer curriculum-based content in Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science for pre-K to grade 12. Fourteen magazines build content knowledge and improve literacy with engaging themes, popular features, and interactive activities. An unquestioned leader in classroom magazines, the Cobblestone & Cricket family is distinguished not only by the numerous awards its magazines have received, but also by the extent to which magazine content appears on state and national tests.
Versatile back issues can be used with guided reading, to differentiate learning, target curriculum gaps, and enrich your classroom or school library. The accessible magazine format engages students of all ages and makes learning fun. Complete online teacher's guides for each issue.
Partnering with First Book for Children's Literacy
BABYBUG, LADYBUG, CLICK, ASK, SPIDER, and CRICKET are now available in classroom subscription sets through First Book, an organization dedicated to bringing quality reading material to underserved children. Teachers and program leaders who work with children from low-income families will be able to purchase one-year subscriptions sets at 50% off the retail price. Learn more - OR - Go to First Book Marketplace
13 of our magazines won Parents' Choice Awards in 2012
See our other awards.
Preview and order classroom magazine subscriptions - Save 20% when ordering four or more! Award-winning, ad-free childrens magazines for every grade and content area!
Browse Magazines by Content Area
Browse Magazines by Grade
- Back Issues Find the right titles and topics for your class. Available in singles or sets.
- Nonfiction Theme Packs: Thematically grouped back issues explore core curriculum topics in depth so students build knowledge while experiencing the joy of reading. Each comes with online teacher's guides.
- Teaching with Primary Sources: U.S. and world history teaching units are packed with 40-50 primary source documents, full background descriptions, clear objectives, and thoughtful individual and group activities. An excellent addition to the history/social studies classroom, each title includes full permission to reproduce.
- CobblestoneOnline: Subscribe to our virtual learning archives with 20,000+ full-text articles from over 35 years of award-winning writing. We offer value-priced options for individual classrooms and entire buildings.
- 10-volume Civil War series: With lavish illustrations, maps, and historical photos, this hardcover series is perfect for the classroom, library, or home. Here are famous generals and ordinary soldiers. Here is death on the battlefield and life on the home front. And here is a badly wounded nation, trying to put itself together. Available in single volumes or save with the set
- Children of the Ancient World series: Learn how children in ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, and China lived, worked, and played.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!