Science for grades 5-9
Science explains and enhances everything we do. Each month, ODYSSEY journeys into other dimensions - of space, technology, the environment, the human body, mathematics, and emerging areas - in a way that shows kids just how cool science can be. Each theme-based issue of this classroom magazine delves into topics in depth, in a magazine that is both visually and intellectually exciting and entertaining.
In addition to robust nonfiction articles, here is a sampling of the regular features you'll find in each issue of ODYSSEY magazine for grades 5-9:
- Science Scoops: Short news items about cutting-edge science
- "Your Turn" and "What Do You Think" give students the opportunity to respond to science-in-society issues
- Staying Healthy: It's a Science!: Get the science behind why something is "good for you"
- You've Got Mail: A regular department includes readers' random letters and responses to our questions throughout the issue.
- Ask Dr. Cy Borg: A scientist answers readers' science questions
- Doodle: A science topic presented with text features and graphics for visual learners
"A beautiful, informative science magazine." - New York Academy of Sciences
Upcoming Themes | Teacher's Guides | Interactive Sample | Web Site for Kids
Future of Fun (May, 2013)
Product Code ODY1305
Here's an issue all about fun!Start by exploring what happens to your brain when you're having fun, and then think about what it would be like to vacation in an out-of-this-world setting...literally! From ways to escape boredom, to the science behind pinball machines and the question of whether or not animals have fun, too, this issue will have you thinking about fun in a whole new way.